Saturday, February 28, 2009

I've done it

Okay, I've planned my next week's meals and shopped accordingly *yay*

I did go over budget by way too much ($160) and it means I only have $40 for the following week but I'm hoping that now I have some of the ingredients it means I won't have to buy that much anyway.

I did similar the last fortnight and it worked out with me having $20 left over so maybe this is how I'll shop. Shop up big week 1 and then small week 2.

We'll have to see.

Wait for Monday when I post my first ever Menu Plan Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Toni !! I can't wait to see what you have planned ! Once you have done this a couple of times, you will start to work out which means are more/less expensive and you can do a combination of both to make your budget work for you ! One trick I use too is, if you try a new recipe and it makes way too much, freeze half of it and eat it the following week !! It stretches the budget AND you get a night off cooking !! Bonus !! I'm excited for you and your menu planning adventures !! Can't wait til Monday !! :)

    ReplyDelete