Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Savoury Steak

I first made this meal when I was in Grade 10 doing Home Economics. Boy! That is a really really long time ago now hahahahaha

Anyway, I loved it when I first made it and I still love it now and luckily, so do my family so this is a favourite of ours.

Next time I make it I'll take a photo for you.

Ingredients

500gm Steak (I use Rump)
1 Onion, sliced (I substitute Onion Powder)
1 cooking Apple, grated
1 tbs Brown Sugar
1 tsp Mustard
1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
1 cup Water
1 tsp Salt
Pepper
Seasoned Flour

Method

1. Roll steak in seasoned flour. Fry lightly to seal edges and place in a casserole dish.

2. Saute other ingredients in fry pan. Bring to boil then pour over meat.

3. Bake in a moderate over 1&1/2 - 2 hours (or until tender)

For variations try using chicken pieces instead of meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment